The Water Hygiene Centre is independent and impartial. To this end we have no laboratory facilities. We are able to support clients who may have a need for sampling or monitoring services, firstly by ascertaining with the client why sampling or monitoring is needed, where such a need exists we can assist the client in training their own staff in sampling and lab selection. Or undertaking sampling and monitoring on behalf of the client. The services we can deliver:
- Sampling for Legionella sp
- Sampling for TVs, E.Coli, Coliforms
- Sampling for other microbiological parameters eg Pseudomonas aeruginosa
- Sampling for metals in water eg iron, zinc, lead and others
- Sampling for other minerals in water
- Temperature performance of water systems
- Other system monitoring
There are two crucial parts to this service:
- Firstly, where the Water Hygiene Centre are commissioned to complete sampling then we select a laboratory that is UKAS accredited and that takes part in the PHE External Quality Assessment Scheme.
- Secondly, the interpretation of results, to ensure that there is no under-reaction or over-reaction occurs, thereby avoiding both unnecessary risk and expense. Where the client has taken their own samples we are very willing to provide interpretation of test result for samples.