Technical Training - Role of the Authorised Person
Duration: One Day
Cost: £255.00 + VAT per person
This course deals with the operational aspects of preventing the risk. Recent Legionella outbreaks in the UK have led to a growing concern of the risk of Legionella bacteria in water systems, which potentially exists in many organisations.
This course deals with the risks posed by legionnaires’ disease and the operational/technical measures for controlling and minimising such risks. It includes Legionella, water hygiene, “safe” hot water, cold water, drinking water systems and air conditioning. It covers the relevant aspects of HSE ACOP L8 and HTM 04-01.
Topics covered on the course will include:
- Growth requirements of Legionella, interactions with other microbiota
- Factors affecting the accumulation of biofilm
- Temperature as a Legionella control method
- Effectiveness of biocides against Legionella and biofilm
- Water sources, softening, filtration, metal contamination
- Cold and hot water storage design and upgrading, distribution system issues
- Design, operation, monitoring and maintenance of water systems
- Monitoring Legionella testing and interpret results
- Showers, disposable and re-usable shower head filters
- Other water systems eg spa baths, decorative fountains, Air conditioning units
“As always an excellent presenter with lots of anecdotes to punctuate the course, ensuring it is both informative and entertaining”.
Colin McConville, West Lothian Council
“Well presented with valuable content. Thank you”.
Mahesh Mistry, Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust