Management Training - Role of the Responsible Person
Duration: One Day
Cost: £255.00 + VAT per person
This course deals with the legal and management aspects of managing the risk. The Approved Code of Practice (L8) applies to the control of Legionella bacteria in any undertaking involving a work activity and to premises controlled in connection with a trade, business or where water is used or stored e.g. hot and cold water systems, cooling towers and evaporative condensers.
It is the Responsible Person’s duty to ensure their organisation meets the requirements and complies with the legislation and takes account of the Approved Code of Practice. This course will enable you to understand and carry out the responsibilities of the ‘named person’ as defined in the Health & Safety legislation.
Topics covered on the course will include:
- Legionella & Legionellosis
- Management responsibilities, competence, policies
- Who is the Responsible Person and what are their duties?
- The process of systematic risk management including risk audits and risk assessments
- What should the written system contain? How should we prevent and control risk?
- Understand what information needs to be monitored and recorded
- Understanding law, regulations and guidance including:
– HSE L8
– ACOP, HTM 04-01
- Case studies, outbreaks and prosecutions
- Current challenges – Funding and technical issues when managing water hygiene, including scalding and energy saving
“Content good, well explained, well presented, very informative and innovative. Professional delivery”.
John Grainger, Copeland Borough Council
“Probably the most knowledgeable trainer on legionella in the world! Excellent, passionate, real life examples and constructive advice. Would recommend this course and company for consultancy services”.
Libby O’Neill – Wrekin Housing Trust