We have written an insightful article that will provide you with a thorough understanding on the importance of legionella training along with who should attend, why and when.
Legionella training has been delivered for many years, in fact decades so it certainly is not something new. The requirements for sufficient and suitable training is essential to ensure you comply with guidance and regulations [Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations; COSHH Regulations] and guidance documents [HSE ACOP L8; HSG274 Parts 1, 2, 3; HTM04-01, SHTM04-01 and WHTM04-01].
Since Legionnaires' disease was first identified in 1976, knowledge of this bacteria and other waterborne pathogens [i.e Pseudomonas aeruginosa] have certainly increased. Needless to say Legionella training has come along way and has developed and evolved considerably throughout the past 4 decades, to ensure that it
“provides employees with suitable and sufficient information, instruction….” [HSE ACOP L8, 4th edition (2014)].
Click HERE to read the article on "The Importance of Legionella Training" >
- The importance of Legionella Training?
- Why do you need further Legionella Training?
- Who should attend this Training?
- Which training course is right for me?
- How can the Water Hygiene Centre help me with my training?
- Legionella Training for Infection Prevention and Control
- Legionella Training for Hotel Workers
Editors Note: The information provided in this blog is correct at date of original publication - March 2021.
© Water Hygiene Centre 2021